Physicians from third countries have to learn languages and specialist knowledge quickly in order to keep up with the pace of work in German hospitals. In contrast to all the language courses which focus only on the German language, this course aims at providing additional content-related subject matter. Thus, we help not only overcome language barriers but also prepare you for a career entry in the best possible way.
- German for physicians: A1–B2
Learn the German language with a course specially tailored to physicians. Our curriculum is based on the requirements of the medical profession and the German language test Fachsprachprüfung (FSP).
- Introduction to the German health care system
Gain an insight into the German social security system and discover your career opportunities in Germany.
- Application for medical hospitation
We help you with your applications for hospitations within our network of teaching and partner hospitals. This way, you can improve your language skills while gaining insights into daily life in a German hospital.
Scope of the course
- 640 teaching units: German for foreign physicians (A1–B2)
- 32 teaching units: Introduction to the German health care system
- 3-month hospitation at one of our teaching or partner hospitals (pending application approval)
- Access to the digital learning platform and course materials
- Possibility to participate in events of the international medical university campus UMCH
- One teaching unit corresponds to 45 minutes each.
- There are between 4 and 6 teaching units per day.
- An additional 1.5 hours should be planned daily for homework.
- Hospitation: 3 months/40 hours per week
Who is the course suitable for?
- You have a degree in medicine.
- You would like to achieve recognition of your medical degree in Germany.